Life has been pretty business lately. Between work, recipe testing for the blog, writing blog posts, attending product trainings and performing the everyday house keeping tasks it is a struggle to keep my eating on track. I’m trying to make sure I eat 3 healthy meals and 2 snacks a day, drink my water and keep my energy levels high enough to complete all daily tasks. Sometimes I end up skipping snacks because I have no time to make a dish. I decided I had to take control of my eating and health and take care of myself or I won’t be able to keep up with everything going on in life.
No bake granola bars are the perfect make ahead, easy snack recipe that can be kept in the fridge and ready for snack any time of the week.
Since we have been celebrating fall harvest here at natures peach, the granola bars are delicious pumpkin spice bars. They take 15 minutes to make and are the perfect afternoon pick me up to keep our energy levels high and prevent those afternoon sugar cravings.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup medjool dates (about 12)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread your pumpkin seeds and oats on a large baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes. Be careful they can burn quickly.
- In a large mixing bowl combine quinoa flakes, pecans, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add toasted pumpkin seeds and oats to the bowl.
- In a food processor pulse the dates until they form a stiff paste and come together in a dough ball.
- Add the dates to the mixing bowl along with the maple syrup and molasses.
- Mix everything together with your hand – trust be it’s the only way.
- Once everything is combined press the granola bar dough into a parchment lined 8 x 9 pan. Give it a really good press dough with the back of your hand or the bottom of a cup.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set, then cut and store in an air tight container in the fridge. Can last up to 2 weeks in the fridge.