I love a good hearty side dish when the cold weather hits. Sitting in a cozy sweater and fuzzy socks with a big bowl of herby potatoes. There is nothing better! I guess you can add some steamed veggies and roasted chicken to make a complet meal, but I won’t judge if you go straight for the bowl of potatoes.
When fall hits my mind immediately starts dreaming of warm spices, rich soups and stick to your ribs dishes. I can’t help it. Fall brings so much inspiration to the kitchen and I can’t resist the flavours.
Today we’re celebrating the humble potato and elevating them with some robust herbs. Potatoes are the perfect vehicle for flavour. Encrusting potatoes with herbs and roasting them until they are golden brown and slightly crispy makes the perfect side dish. They are incredibly hard to resist.
- 2 lbs. potatoes, cubed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle potatoes with oil and spices. Toss to coat.
- Spread spiced potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, tossing half way to prevent them from burning.
- Serve in a large bowl and enjoy!