Labour day has come and gone and that can only mean one thing. The last days of summer are upon us. I’m sad to say that summer has come to an end. But not that sad because the end of summer means the beginning of Fall, and fall is without a doubt my favourite season. The turning of the leaves, crisp evening air, scarves and harvest flavours, what’s not to love.
Its time to change over your wardrobe and embrace those warm spices and classic harvest flavours. Some of my favourite fall flavours include cinnamon, nutmeg, apples and pumpkin. The possibilities are delicious! I’ve decided to celebrate my favourite season I am going to post a new harvest recipe every week until Halloween! I hope you’re as excited as I am.
This weeks recipe is a sweet one. Ginger Molasses Crinkle Cookies. I know they sound delicious, and I can without a doubt they are some of the best cookies I’ve made. When you almost eat the entire batch yourself it says something. Something other than sugar addiction 🙂
- 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (I used earth balance)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (other nut/seed butter)
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp Molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together ground chia and water. Let sit for 5 minutes to gel.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together vegan butter and cashew butter using an electric mixer.
- Add the sugar, molasses, vanilla and prepared chia egg. Continue to beat with the mixer until everything is combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, spices, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry mix to the wet and mix until everything is well combined.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and lightly roll in sugar and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until bottoms are lightly golden.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!