Sweet, tangy, and fresh with a little spice – salsa has it all!
Who doesn’t love sitting on the patio with a bag of chips and a fresh batch of summer salsa? I know I do! There is just something about the taste of fresh salsa that trumps the cooked jared variety.
Don’t stop with just the classic tomato, onions and peppers. Get creative and embrace seasonal produce. Make a strawberry mango salsa as a topping for fish, a red onion and pineapple salsa for your next chicken bbq, or add pumpkin to the classic tomato salsa to embrace the fall harvest.
I got creative with fresh picked peaches and made a delicious tomato peach salsa that is perfect for chip dipping or as a topper for fish or chicken. Magical things happen in the kitchen when you embrace the flavours of the season. There is nothing better!
Turn up that music, put on your dancing shoes and salsa!
- 1 1/2 cups tomato, diced
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 ripe peaches, diced
- 2-4 Tbsp basil, thinly sliced (depends on taste)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jalapeno, diced (if you like spice)
- Add everything to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Enjoy with chips or as a topping for fish and chicken.