Raspberry season is upon us and summer is slowly fading, which means it’s time to squeeze every last bit of summer fun into your day. Play outside as long as you can, have as many bbq’s as your heart desires and eat as many popsicles as your belly can digest. One of my new favourite combinations is raspberries and green tea. They compliment each other perfectly and make the most refreshing popsicles.
Making popsicles at home is so easy and way cheaper. Not to mention healthier! You avoid all the added flavours, colours and pounds of sugar. Homemade Popsicles taste way better and you don’t have to worry about reading lengthy ingredient lists. You don’t have to sacrifice summer favourite treats when trying to live a healthy holistic life.
These Popsicles are antioxidant rich, easy to make and free of all preservatives and artificial colours.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 green tea bags
- 1 lemon, juice
- 4 Tbsp raw sugar
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- Add tea bags to boiling water and let steep for 5 minutes
- Cool tea by placing it in the fridge for 20 minutes
- Pour cooled tea into a blender. Add juice of 1 lemon, sugar, and raspberries.
- Blend until everything is smooth.
- Pour popsicle mixture into molds and freeze over night.