Cookies are one of my favourite things to bake in the kitchen. They’re versatile, quick, easy and make any frown turn upside down. They have a magical power of makng any day or situation better!
When ever I feel in need of a pick me up or a confidence boost in the kitchen I grab the butter and my mixer and whip up a batch of cookies. I grab whatever I have in the pantry and magic happens. That’s the beauty of cookies. Almost anything tastes great in cookie form.
I’m not gonna lie my cookies don’t always make it to the oven. I know I’m not alone. You totally eat raw cookie dough out of the bowl too. The good news is these cookies are perfect for raw consumption since they have no eggs. What…. You know it, they are totally vegan. These will become your new go to cookie recipe and no one will guess they are healthy. I like to call it health in disguise.
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (other nut/seed butter)
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp ground chia seeds + 3 Tbsp warm water)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl make your chia egg and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together vegan butter and cashew butter with an electric mixer. Scrap down sides with a spatula.
- Add chia egg, vanilla and maple to the butter mixer and cream to combine.
- Slowly add flour mixture beating with the mixer to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp of dough 2″ apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet and gently press down with the back of a fork.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until slightly golden.