I hope everyone survived this past weekends heat wave. It was a scorcher! I don’t know about you but when it’s hot and humid I always crave frosty Popsicles. I could eat an entire pack in a weekend. They are just so refreshing! Hopefully you enjoy Popsicles as much as I do because I have a delicious and healthy recipe for you. These creamy, fudgey and very chocolatey Popsicles are packed with hearty healthy fats and are sure to hit the spot.
Not only are these popsicles delicious and truly addictive but the recipe is very versatile. Add slices of strawberries to the popsicle molds and create chocolate dipped strawberry popsicles. Or add some mint extract and crushed up chocolate cookies. Or get really crazy and reduce the milk amount to create a fudgy cake frosting. Whatever you decide the recipe is super tasty and a great way to trick people into getting an extra serving of fruits/veggies (shhh….don’t tell).
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (depends on sweet tooth)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (if using raw cacao reduce amount)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (other non-dairy milk)
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado into the bowl of a food processor and pulse to gently break up flesh
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until everything is combined and creamy
- Pour into popsicle molds and place in the freezer for a minimum of 5 hours to overnight