From breakfast to snack to dessert granola can do it all. It is the perfect companion to almond milk, yogurt or a smoothie bowl in the morning. Goes great in a parfait for snack time or used to top a fruit crumble for dessert. It’s one of my go to bulk recipes and its soon to be yours…granola rocks!
This harvest spice granola came about one night when I was missing the flavours and spices of harvest season. I know we’ve just welcomed summer, but this harvest spice granola is amazing. It also goes great with a Greek yogurt and strawberry parfait.
1/4 cup unsweetened Apple sauce
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup pecans, crushed
1/2 cup almonds, crushed
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small sauce pot combine Apple sauce, coconut oil and sweetener. Heat on low to melt and combine.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients except coconut and toss to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix to fully combine. Make sure all dry ingredients have been coated.
- Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes, stirring half way through, until toasted and golden.
- Remove from oven, toss with coconut flakes and cool. Store cooled granola in an air tight container.