Snacks are an important aspect of healthy eating and supporting your bodies nutritional and energy needs through out the day. Regular eating helps balance blood sugar and rev metabolism.
Not all snacks are created equal. We need to choose snacks with protein, fiber and carbohydrates. Chickpeas are perfect!
Roasting chickpeas takes them to the next level. They become crispy, seasoned bites of heaven. Perfect for on the go snacking and to substitute any chip cravings!
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas
1 tbsp grape seed or avocado oil
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and pat dry to remove any water.
- Place rinsed and dried chickpeas on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes, or until the chickpeas become crispy.
Transform your snacks!