After a warm long weekend summer is on my brain. I can’t help but dream about all the delicious local produce and fresh flavours of summer. Fall may be my favourite season but after a long harsh winter summer is always a refreshing change.
I love sitting on the back porch, hiking through tree lined trails and indulging in all the fresh, bright berries of summer. Summer is the season for long country drives, exploring new parks and afternoon picnics. Having portable, easy to make, no bake snacks are key when it comes to summer travels and days away from the house. These coconut cashew truffles are the perfect snack to keep on hand. They don’t require hot ovens, they take 5 minutes to make and are creamy and delicious. They are sure to be a go to summer snack.
1/2 cup medjool dates, soaked 30 minutes and pitted (about 10 dates)
1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 30 minutes
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. almond meal
4 Tbsp. coconut butter, slightly soft
3 Tbsp. unpasteurized honey
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes for rolling (optional)
- Prepare dates and cashews.
- Place dates and cashews in the bowl of a food processor and pulse for 20 seconds. Just until the dates and cashews are slightly chopped.
- Add almond meal, coconut butter, and honey. Pulse until all ingredients are combined and a dough forms. The dough should be slightly sticky and hold together when pressed between your fingers.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp of dough, press together with fingers and roll into a ball. Roll in coconut flakes if you choose to add an extra layer of coconut flavour.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer.