Valentine’s day is quickly approaching. As everyone is thinking about dessert and their after dinner treats, I can’t help but think about breakfast (…and dessert). If you want to have enough energy to enjoy all your love day activities it is crucial to nourish your body with a great breakfast…maybe in bed!
These delicious gluten-free and vegan pancakes are the perfect healthy yet decedent breakfast to surprise your sweetie with. I even took things one step further and made mine into cute valentine’s day inspired shapes. Its fun to make things a little more special.
Valentine’s Day Pancakes
1 ½ cups Almond milk
1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
1 cup Gluten-free All-purpose Flour (with guar or xanthan gum)
*1/2 tsp guar/xanthan gum if missing from flour blend
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup Grape seed oil
½ -1 tsp Vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl combine almond milk and vinegar, let stand for 10 minutes to curdle.
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, whisk to combine.
- Add oil and vanilla to the milk mixture and whisk to combine. Add dry ingredients to the wet and whisk to combine.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or crepe pan over low heat. Use ¼ cup measure to divide pancake batter. Pour batter onto heated pan and cook about 3 minutes, until the bottom starts to set and bubbles form on the surface. Flip and cook another couple minutes.
- Adorn with your favourite toppings: chocolate chips, maple syrup or fresh fruit.
*to make festive shapes pour batter into a squeeze bottle, this makes it easy to draw shapes. Make the outline first and then fill in the middle.
I hope you enjoy these delicious pancakes and have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!