When you’re looking for a quick breakfast or snack there is nothing better than granola! The crunch of granola alongside some vanilla Greek yogurt or almond milk is absolutely AMAZING! The subtle sweetness and satisfying crunch make the perfect pair.
Many store bought granolas are loaded with refined sugar and hidden additives that just spike your blood sugar and leave you scrounging the kitchen for something else to eat.
This granola recipe will provide all the things you love about granola without the nasty refined sugar and lack of satisfying nutrients. It has healthy fats, great sources of protein and a touch of natural sweetness that is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
1 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
1/3 cup quinoa flakes
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/2 cup ground walnuts
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
2 tbsp chia seeds
4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup unsweetened Apple sauce
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1. In a small sauce pot combine coconut oil and maple syrup. Heat over low heat until coconut oil is melted.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients and toss to combine.
3. Add Apple sauce and maple syrup mixture to the dry ingredients and toss to combine. You want all dry ingredients to be coated and moist.
4. Spread on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake @ 350 for 40 minutes, tossing half way through cooking time.
5. Let cool and store in an airtight container. I love to use mason jars. They’re just so cute!