Over the past few days I’ve been busy creating delicious and healthy recipes to share with all of you. I have always been a baking addict and lover of sweets. These moist chocolate brownies deliver on ever level! Not only are they full of chocolate taste, they are rich in health benefits.
What makes these chocolate delights healthy?
• cacao is an ancient superfood containing more than 300 nutrients. High in copper, magnesium, healthy fats and phytonutrients cacao helps improve energy levels, mood and protects against free radical damage. No wonder ancient worriers kept them in there back pocket!
• chia seeds provide fibre and healthy fats (omega 3 and 6) improving hair and skin.
2 cups gluten free flour
1 cup unrefined sugar or coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup cacao powder
1 cup water
1/2 cup grape seed oil
2 Tbsp vanilla
1 chia egg (1 Tbsp ground chia seeds and 3 Tbsp water)
• whisk together chia egg and let sit for a couple minutes
• In a mixing bowl combine sugar, water, oil, vanilla and chia egg
• In a second bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cacao powder
• add wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined
• bake in a brownie pan at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes