Superfoods have grown in popularity over the past few years. It seems like they are the only thing you ever hear about, especially in the health and wellness field. There’s a reason for the repeated talking and consuming of superfoods – they are “super” for your health!
The classification of superfoods is given to foods that have high nutrient content and are extremely beneficial to ones health. They are packed with phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and everyone’s favourite antioxidants. This amazing group of foods helps promote optimal health by decreasing risk of disease or negative health conditions, promoting natural beauty and healthy aging, and nourishing the body.
There are number of superfoods that are increasing in popularity including:
- Raw Cacao – favourite among the Mayan and Aztec cultures for thousands of years
- Raw honey – antibacterial and great for the immune system
- Goji berries – tart raisin like fruit that has been a staple in Asian health regimes for thousands of years. Thought to provide strength and promote longevity.
- Maca – Japanese green tea loaded with antioxidants
- Blueberries – powerhouse fruit with a number of vitamins, minerals and tons of antioxidants in a tiny package
Superfoods live up to their names and provide the body with nourishment and defense aganst disease. They should be a part of everyone’s diet!
To learn more about the above mentioned superfoods and a lot more visit http://shannonkadlovski.com/shop/scrumptious-superfood-smoothies/ and get your hands on the scrumptious superfood smoothies e-book. It is pack with valuable information on what superfoods are, their amazing health properties and delicious smoothie recipes. It is a great staple to have on your book shelf and the smoothies will impress anyone!