New Year’s Eve is tomorrow and this is a great recipe to give you enough energy to make it till midnight! It is a combination of just the right amount of chocolate and coconut to satisfy your chocolate tooth (it’s just like a sweet tooth 🙂 )
The chocolate and coconut combination will provide you loads of energy!
Coconut Oil – great for skin and hair health, maintaining cholesterol, immunity, digestion (helps with absorption), and metabolism. It has even been said to help with weight loss. (although I don’t the last point holds true if you eat the whole pan of fudge!) Coconut oil is antimicrobial and anti fungal. Most of the health properties are due to the content of lauric acid, capric acid, and caprylic acid.
2 1/2 cups baker’s semi-sweet chocolate chunks
3/4 cup cashew butter (can use any nut butter)
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp organic butter (can be omitted to make vegan)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup real maple syrup
- Combine cashew butter, vanilla, almond milk, coconut sugar, and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Over a double boiler melt the chocolate, butter, and coconut oil
- Add the chocolate mixture to the cashew butter mixture
- Pour fudge batter into a brownie pan lined with parchment paper
- Cool in the fridge for about 3 hours to set
I hope you ring in the new year with a chocolate high 🙂
Wishing everyone a healthy and happy new year!