A year or so ago I fell in love! This love made me feel more beautiful, I started to glow and my health improved.
Oh! I forgot to mention – this amazing love affair is with my dry skin brush.
Dry skin brushing is an amazing habit to develop. It is easy, time efficient and can help improve your skin and overall health.
When it comes to brushing there are a few key points to remember:
- Brush on dry skin, ideally before showering
- Start at the bottom of your feet and work up towards the heart
- Brush your arms last from your fingers to shoulders
- Brush in a circular motion slowly moving up the limb towards the heart
- When brushing the chest, brush towards the armpits
Why bother brushing?
- Dry skin brushing helps to move lymph and assists detox. The lymphatic system does not have a pump like the cardiovascular system and therefore needs a little assistance moving the lymph. Lymphatic congestion can lead to many health issues and even decreased immune function.
- Also good for skin detox as it helps to get rid of dry dead skin. Makes your skin look fresh and glowing.
- It has been stated that skin brushing can help reduce cellulite or even prevent it
- Helps to stimulate circulation
Make sure your dry skin brush is made with natural fibers!
Start your love affair today – it’s easy!