The Liver is a powerful, multi-talented organ. It performs over 500 jobs/functions, one of which is detoxification and the filtration of toxins from the blood. It is important for the body to be able to detoxify toxins (environmental), chemicals (cosmetics and other beauty products), medications, hormones, along with foreign substances and allergens. A congested liver is unable to detox the body leading to decreased immunity and the presence of allergies.
It is vital to show your liver a little love and support its functioning.
Things that suppress live function:
- Alcohol consumption – excess alcohol can lead to fatty liver and inhibit proper functioning.
- Excess consumption of fatty foods – those high in bad fats (trans and saturated fats) such as fried food and junk food.
- Lemon Water – Help support your liver on a daily basis by drinking fresh lemon water in the morning. Squeeze half a lemon in a glass of room temperature water
- Kombucha – fermented tea that helps to cleanse the liver. Contains liver cleansing acids.
- Sulphur – consume foods that have high sulphur content. Sulphur is needed to support the phases of detoxification (convert toxins to water-soluble substances to be eliminated). Good foods include broccoli, garlic, onions, brussel sprouts, cabbage, and cruciferous vegetables.
- Vitamin C – helps support liver function and phases of detoxification. Foods include citrus fruits, bell peppers, parsley, broccoli, strawberries, raspberries, asparagus and tomatoes.
Incorporate these liver supporting foods to help your liver, increase detoxification, immunity and reduce symptoms from allergies. A healthy, happy liver makes a happy you!